Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Sweet Bumpy Road Pie

Where Women Cook has a call open for “pieographies” – to tell your life story through a pie. My pie? My Sweet Bumpy Roada yummy spin on a rocky road pie. Rocky road is one of my favorite taste combinations and it is a fitting description for our family.

What is life like while juggling aspirations to be a designer, raising two adorable daughters, and keeping the home fires alive? It is a sweet and chaotic life. Each day is full of laughter, tears, ups and downs. Each day I am thankful for the blessings I have and work hard to keep it all together.

I am awful at balance though it is something I strive for. There are times when I’m convinced that I have mothering down to a science and minutes later I’m pretty sure I’m the meanest mom on the block. I’m not Supermom, but I do try to be my daughters’ hero. I want them to know that even though their mom spends hours of the day working instead of playing with them, I’m working for them. I want them to remember the sweet moments of their childhood. I want them to realize that even though life is not fair, the sweetness outweighs the struggles we face.

Our lives are bumpy and fraught with obstacles, but each and every day I see my children smile and hear them laugh.

Everyday is sweet.

My Sweet Bumpy Road Pie
(2) packages of chocolate pudding/pie filling
2 cups of milk
(1) 8oz. container of Cool Whip
1 cup of mini marshmallows
15 graham cracker squares
1/2 cup pecan pieces

1.) Beat the chocolate pie filling with 2 cups of cold milk for about 2 minutes.
2.) Gently fold in 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip and 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
3.) Crush the graham cracker squares into the bottom of pie dish.
4.) Fill the pie dish with chocolate pudding mixture.
5.) Swirl the remaining Cool Whip over the pie.
6.) Top the pie with the pecan pies.
7.) Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight.


1 comment:

kmore said...

Hey, Jennifer, this is Kerrie More. I just wanted to tell you I love your pie contest entry. I also entered, but haven't heard who won. Good luck, and I hope you're having a fun, relaxing holiday. Looking forward to seeing our article in Mary Jane's Farm SOON :-)

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...