Monday, October 1, 2012

What's Orange and Black and Comfy??

What's orange and black and comfy??
My first Halloween lap size quilt and throw cushion!


This was originally destined for my Etsy shop..but these Halloween fabrics are my most very favorite EVER. I couldn't part with it..


I did not plan making this matching pillow.. what happened? Well... this was my first large quilt on the midarm and I underestimated how large the back fabric needs to be.. So while the top and batting were all quilted.. one whole row did not have adequate backing. What to do? I was pretty annoyed.. I adore this fabric and I didn't want to toss it. So I had my first try at improv piecing and I love it! It has a fleece back just like the quilt, so I'm pretty confident it is the comfiest throw pillow ever.


Fleece back you say? Yup! This is the back of the quilt. While fleece may not be modern or the hippest back to a quilt, it is comfy and durable with two little ones that like to curl up in it with juice boxes. Do you like the traveling star? My first time with it..it took awhile to grasp the motion, but it ended being a lot of fun.


Are you making some Halloween quilty goodness??

3 comments:

Carly said...

This is so cute! Love it!

Needled Mom said...

It looks awesome too.

Anonymous said...

love the quilt and pillow

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...