Monday, January 6, 2014

Quilt finishes at the end of 2013 and start of 2014


For the last couple of months in 2013, I had two quilts hanging over my head and stuck under my sewing machines. Both of the quilts were for my husband and were gifts. I finally found some quilting mojo in December and finished them.

This was his Valentine 2013 quilt gift - the color choices were based upon a single Michael Miller fabric I found. I loved the sweet fishing motif and the cheerful colors.



My husband's favorite part of the quilt? He loves the single block on the back. My quilt backs are usually very boring and I'm happy that this small departure is appreciated.

The second quilt was from Luke Haynes' QAL at WeAllSew.  The QAL is for a wall hanging, but I've made so many deer art quilts for my husband, I felt the need to break away. I pulled from a collection of his old jeans and created a small lap quilt. It's the prefect size for him while he relaxes in the recliner with a beer.

He loves it and doesn't share it often with anyone else. I'll take that as a compliment!

One of my first quilts for 2014 is inspired by a line from a poem..
"I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
It will be another liberated quilt in dark shades of black with a pop of a white star here and there. I'm very excited and always looking for time to sneak off and sew a bit more on it.

I'm still enjoying my Paperclay as much as ever. I have two figures under contruction right now. I'm almost done with this piece - The Hand Quilter. It was fun to blend my two favorite past times..

Have you started any projects yet?

XO,
Jenny

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...