Saturday, July 10, 2010

Catching Up


Oh my.. Time does fly!
I can hardly believe it's been months since I've posted.

Well.. I had 3 blogs and think that overwhelmed me.
I am now starting my 7 month of pregnancy and that definitely overwhelmed me.

I've decided to condense all my blogs into this one.
I'll tag each post so if you want to skip to Etsy, cooking, or family
you will be able to quickly.

In brief here's the news from the last couple of months..

Isabelle


She is doing awesome! She is a chatterbox. Loves to sing and will be starting dance classes in August. Isabelle is very excited about the upcoming birth of her sister, Julie.

We had 2 summer vacations in Park City, 2 Thomas the Train rides,
a visit to WA for cousin Maggie's Confirmation, a visit from Nana and Myron,
and visits from Gaga & Gigi Bird.

She was sick for about 3 weeks this past month, but
all the blood tests revealed is that she had some sort of virus.
Right now I can hear her giggling in Gaga's lap, so all is well :D


Julie (Juliette)

I'm starting my 7 month of pregnancy.
It has not been an easy pregnancy.
I won't go into the details of every crazy detail, but let's just say I'm eager to meet my angel and have my body get back into some sort of normalcy.

We are bouncing back and forth on the name Julie or Juliette.
Our angel is named after one of the most life loving women I have
ever met that was taken from our lives much too young.

We are starting work on her nursery. Lots of Riley Blake cowgirl fabric and vintage western.
It is sure to be envied by all the other rodeo queens!

And no Thomas is not disappointed to be blessed with another beautiful, loving little girl.

Cooking Contests

I've won somewhere around 11 contests in the 2 1/2 months I've been entering.
The biggest prizes have been a check for $250, a $400 Le Creuset pot, 2 Magic Bullets,
and lots more fun things.

Thomas has even gotten into the action and started entering grilled recipes.
We have our fingers crossed he'll win a grill this summer.

I've taken the last couple week off from entering. During Isabelle's 3 week sick stint, we didn't know what was wrong and it was impossible for me to focus on anything but my angel.

Etsy and Other Crafts
Etsy is slow during the summer so I have been building up my inventory.
There are currently lots of baby cocoons and hats that are ready to ship.
I'm also really enjoying getting back into sewing, and have been adding a lot of new type of items.

I will stop taking custom orders mid-September and take a maternity leave for the first 2 weeks of October. From mid-October to January I will be taking a very limited amount of custom work, but I will add a lot of ready-2-ship items.

I'm doing a lot of craft challenges right now and have started entering quilt contests.
I'm still creating designs for A Charming Place. I was also finalist for Vanna's Choice yarn contest. I'm currently working on another Lion Brand yarn entry.

Personal News
I was nominated and accepted a director position for the Junior League of Salt Lake City. I'm still doing sub work at the local libraries.

Thomas has really gotten back into mountain biking since our last trip to Park City. He is busy moving his home office, since that room is to be Julie's nursery.


Wooh.. Lots of info.
I'm hoping to be blogging more now that I have 1 blog to care for..
but we'll see...

I'm on Twitter/Facebook daily and post weekly to my Flickr account
if you would like more pics!

Life is what happens when you think you'll have time to blog.....

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...