Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Bonanza!

I am incredibly lucky that I was able to celebrate Mother's Day with my parents & family. My mother and I have had such fun all week and we are now counting the days till we leave for Quilt Market. It seemed extravagant to have presents in addition to our fun activities, but we love to make presents for each other.

This year I treated my mother to a gardening theme gift...


 I found this gardening tote pattern on Sew, Mama, Sew. I *loved* this pattern! It's well written and so much fun. It's perfect for trying a number of fabrics and some room to try a new freemotion quilting pattern.
I think this tote would be awesome for a couple of uses - it has a very sturdy & large inner compartment as well as 3 outside pockets.

Kiddo painted a flower pot and gifted some pansy flower seeds. We also put together a custom notebook from Tiny Prints. The journal was a great deal and I am sure I will be buying some more in the future!

My parents & husband gave me lots of tea related gifts though they didn't collaborate on it. I can't wait to try  out my brand new beautiful teapot from my husband & daughters! My mother bought us twin teacups sets - one for each of us. So even though we are separated states away, we can share a cuppa tea together. Aww..

And my favorite gift from my mother of course is one made by her hands..


Love it.. I hung it on my wall about 5 seconds after I opened it...

I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I hope those that you have loved and cared for gave you an extra bit of sweetness..

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a wonderful Mother's Day was had by both of you.

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...