Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Art Party


A good friend of mine asked me if I would be willing to teach a painting for her daughter's birthday party, like PaintNite for kids. I was so honored and excited to be asked. They picked a cupcake painting they found on Pinterest (I believe it was from Kara's parties) and I made up a sample before the party.

As you walked through their front door - you were welcomed with this adorable sign!

Every girl was given a hand painted large t-shirt to wear as a smock and keep as a favor. (They also took home a pack of crayons and markers!)


Seriously, how adorable is this set-up? The girls were so excited and ready to paint!


Here they are hard at work on their backgrounds. I made it clear as I taught that they should embrace this painting as their own and make any changes that they wanted. I've never followed directions and wanted to give them the same freedom.


Here are a couple of the finished paintings!

I loved this yellow background - so vivid and yummy!

Each girl really expressed themselves and didn't feel pressure to be like another. They were loose with their painting and just had so much fun! Such a fun birthday!

And I've been on a bit of mini pinata/gift box kick and made this palette to hold the birthday girl's gift card.


Thanks for having us over to celebrate with Brynnan!

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...