Monday, May 11, 2015

Summer Tea Cakepops





As many of you know, I'm not a fan of cake. I do however love cake pops - maybe it's because they are adorable small bites? Everything seems better when it is miniature, right? 

If you have never made them before, you need to spend an hour on Bakerella's website. She also has a fabulous book out, aptly titled "Cake Pops." The biggest trick will be finding the right balance of mixing your cake with the frosting.

I wanted to try making some lemon slice and tea cup cake pops. Well once I start down a road, it      usually takes new directions and I ended up with a whole slew of tea related pops. My daughter fought hard for the giant sugar cube one - I couldn't envision it at first, but it is one of my favorites!


all things belle - cake pops - tea party


For these pops, I baked up a lemon cake and mixed it with a bit of lemon frosting and lots of chopped maraschino cherries to create a delightful cherry lemonade flavor. So dang yum.

I have to say though, that these lemon slices are my very favorite. Don't they just sing summer?

all things belle - lemon slices - cake pops


I tried a few different ways to paint my teacups. These were done with melted coconut oil and a touch of candy colors. It dries with some texture and created perfect roses. You could also paint candy melts with candy color gel and a touch of vodka.

cake pops - all things belle - tea cups

Mmmm.. I think it maybe time to make another batch!

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...