Friday, May 1, 2015

Dipped S'mores Cupcakes - Oh My!


If you know me, you know I have a love affair with S'mores. I may go camping as much as I do just as an excuse to have them. The toasted marshmallows, the sweet chocolate and crunch of graham crackers. Oh my!

And you will also I know that I loooove cupcakes, but not such a fan of cake. Go figure.

This past week I made dipped s'more cupcakes that had my family and friends in tears of joy.
Want to make them?

This is not completely original, so I'm going to send you where you need to go for the recipes and give you the steps, ok?

1. Bake lots and lots of mini cupcakes (These are a big mouthful - eating a normal size cupcake would be crazy! Trust me on the mini size.) I used Hershey's Perfect Chocolate Cake recipe. And it is soo perfect! This made several dozen mini cupcakes. Bake and cool.

2. While it's cooling you can make the toasted marshmallow butter cream frosting. Don't use fluff - gag. Make it from scratch and you will be amazed by the difference! I used Cookie and Cups recipe. Now I won't lie - this is a messy endeavor, but way worth it! Frost the cupcakes high and mighty with a star tip.

3. Place frosted cupcakes in the freezer for 1 hour. While they are freezing, smash a few graham crackers. Take out the week's frustration on them with a mallet!

4. Now you will need 2 bags of Wilton's candy melts in the S'more flavor. I am not a fan of artificial flavor, it usually fails horribly. However these are so good - I could eat the bag of wafers all by myself. You need to slowly melt these either in the microwave or double boiler.

5.Take out your cupcakes, dip the tops in the melt and sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top. Allow to rest on the counter for a few minutes and you will see them magically harden.

6. Eat allll the S'more cupcakes!!!

Yummy! Hope you try these <3 p="">

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...