Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

What are you doing today? Will you be celebrating Cinco de Mayo?

Today is not Mexico's Independence Day, it actually celebrates a battle from 1862 when a small group of the Mexican army defeated the French in Puebla.

My husband's ancestry is Mexican and we will be celebrating tonight and this weekend (holidays on Tuesdays are the pits!)

I have a free printable for you! You can quickly download and print for your holiday display. This would be a great discussion starter for children interested in Mexico's history.

cinco de mayo - printable - all things belle

Tonight I will be getting together with my stitching group and I plan on making these churro cupcakes from Desert Chica. Don't they look so amazing?

churro cupcakes - desert chica - all things belle

And of course some fresh margaritas. I made these last weekend and they were insanely good. You can find the recipe on The Pioneer Woman (take her advice and add a bit more sugar in the blender unless you want them tart.)

fresh black berry margarita - all things belle

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...