Monday, February 7, 2011

See Jenny Run

It is amazing.
All my friends here in Utah are moms..that is not the amazing part.
I'd say like 95% of them are runners or amazing athletes.
At almost every play date or on Facebook,
I hear details about their next marathon or competition.

Jenny does not exercise.
Pre marriage and kids, I'd spend hours in the gym..
I'd sometime go 2X's a day - no lie.
But now chasing Isabelle is my main aerobic activity.
It's partly do to lack of time and babysitter,
but it's also just laziness.

I recently decided to try to change that.
It wasn't a resolution or even an effort to lose weight,
I'm just tired of making a butt imprint on my couch.

When I was preggers with Juliette, we took a mini vacation to Park City.
On one of the warm afternoons, we took a bike ride.
I loved it, and I was pretty good at it
even though I was huge and had no center of balance.
So I've decided that bicycling is the exercise I will dive into.

One of my friends told me about
The cool factor is off the charts!!
I have at least 3 friends that want to do this with me.
I'm so excited!
I'm going to be sewing us all coordinating 50's aprons
that are bike riding friendly..
If you are in UT want to join us,
just let me know!

Another friend mentioned the "Dirty Girl"
At first I was hesitant.
Jenny does not run.
Jenny would run if say there were a big bear chasing her
or there was a huge deal on some crafty goodness..
then sure yes I would run.
Other than that, uh no.. it's boring.
But this event sounds like soo much fun!
And for you run-haters like me,
there is a 2 person relay, so you are only looking at 2 miles.
Woohoo!!

Okay, back to the couch.
All this talk of exercising has exhausted me!


2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi-LAR-i-ous! =D

Jenny Rodriguez said...

;0)
I'm so excited to be your relay partner! I think we should have our men make us a delicious BBQ after with super cold margaritas!!

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...