Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Iron Craft #6

This week on Iron Craft, we were challenged with
the theme winter.
Oh boy, here in Utah it is still very much winter.
And by the looks of the national weather report,
a lot of you are still seeing a ton of snow too.

I thought I would do another piece of specimen art.
There is something about it that calls to me.
Maybe it's because my dad is a scientist..
Maybe it's because I grew up near glass cases of delicate butterflies and beetles...
Maybe it's the OCD in me in that delights in the order of it all...
Not sure, but I think it is a fabulous mix of science and art.



And while I love specimen art, I do not delight in dead things.
My snowflakes are done in free motion embroidery.
My first attempt was drawn on with an invisible pen
and I embroidered over it.
Um yeah, my invisible pen was pretty darn visible.
Bummer.
So back to the drawing board.
I love the prim look and had fun trying to create snowflake images.


No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...