Thursday, October 20, 2011

SLC Modern Quilt Guild

I'm not sure how long I've been a member of the SLC Modern Quilt Guild, but I do know that I've never, ever been able to attend. Between the Hubby's schedule and my kiddos, it just never worked out. I decided that this had to be a priority. Luckily even though it's been a rough, sick Baby week, my husband *gets* that yes this is fun, but it's also work related.. So I finally attended and will hopefully be at all the future gatherings as well.




Last night we had a demonstration of diamonds..






Check out these amazing, narrow diamonds!




I've never considered a diamond based project before, but I was super excited to go home and try one.


The lighting & my camera were not getting along, but let me tell you that this argyle quilt was nothing short of AMAZING! I love this look for a quilt to give a man.. Hmm... Wonder if my Pops likes argyle.. The quilt was made by Kati of From The Blue Chair.
What a warm, welcoming guild! I had so much fun and took home quite a few goodies thanks to the ladies of The Sewing Summit..




Can't wait for the next meeting!


1 comment:

Pamela said...

Ooh, the possibilities - love the way that argyle looks, too!

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...