This past week was the final week
for Philadelphia's Cooking Creme Challenge.
And alas, I did not have time to submit.
I figured I entered the first two weeks, so that gives me a decent shot.
I really try to not let my cooking and craft contests
interfere with my family or Etsy work.
But we all gotta eat, right?
So I did come up with a recipe for the final flavor, Santa Fe.
It's not fancy, but it's pretty tasty
and it's quick (about the length of time a baby will happily sit in a swing).
Here is my
We All Gotta Eat - Santa Fe Pasta
*1 Tbsp. EVOO
*8 ounces of spiral pasta
*1 medium white onion, chopped
*1 tsp red pepper
*1 lb. lean ground beef
* 1 tub Philadelphia Cooking Creme - Santa Fe Flavor
* 14.5 oz can of chopped tomatoes
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package
(boil water, drop in, cook, drain..you know the drill)
2. While your pasta is cooking, in a large stockpot
heat EVOO over med-high heat.
3.Add onions to the pot, and saute until softened.
(about 5-7 minutes..don't scorch them!)
4. Add ground beef and red pepper to the pot.
Cook until browned.
5. Mix in Cooking Creme and chopped tomatoes.
Cook until heated through.
6. Toss in pasta and mix until well combined.