Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teachers Rock!

I know, I know.. I'm supposed to be presenting you the Knock Off for the Pottery Barn canopy, but I need more hardware. And grr, I don't like hardware stores. It's about 1/2 done, but I figured you would prefer to read a tutorial in its entirety rather than a have a cliffhanger!

Be sure to check in next week for it. It's already super adorable and a total toddler magnet.. Isabelle is pretty excited to "sit in the flower"..

In the meantime, did you know this week is Teacher Appreciation week? Well if you have kiddos in school or read crafty blogs, then I'm sure you are well aware.

Isabelle goes to a hybrid of a daycare/preschool. Since she's only 3, there is only so much can teach, but that kiddo is soooo dang smart we really felt like she needed the extra stimulation (aside from pushing Momma's buttons..)

She had 2 amazing teachers - Miss Becky & Miss Vanessa. I know for a fact that Isa kept them on their toes! Here is what I made for them. I personalized a little purse - perfect for work emergency essentials like chocolate, asprin, etc..
I also made fabric flower bookmarks that will be attached to Barnes & Noble gift cards.
And what every teacher really wants as a gift - a heart felt thank you. Appreciation as preschool teachers for wiping our kids noses, drying their tears, and helping them on the first step in education.
Be sure to do something a little extra for your kiddo's teachers, after all - they rock!!

Visit thecsiproject.com

2 comments:

Kimberly Davis said...

This really makes me wish I was more crafty! And as a former teacher, I know how much gifts this thoughtful mean to a teacher!

kat said...

Great gifts

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...