Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mother's Day Gift

I've been wanting to reveal my Mother's Day gift that I made. I love it so much and was so happy to see my Mum loved it too!


Of course, back to my love of free motion art..

When I think of my Mom, I think of classic colors - red, black, and white.
Timeless and classy..
I can't wait to see this in my Mum's home!
I do have to admit that is not my lovely idea.. it was Jenny Doh's. You must go see her original piece. I loved it the second I saw it and knew immediately that I wanted to make my own version for my Mum.

It is funny that I when I got really into free motion art that I thought I was being original, come to find out..not so much =) That ever happen to you? Anyways once I learned that I was not exactly an innovator, I started researching more artists that were interested in this freestyle sewing. That is how I found Jenny Doh. She is zomg amazing. The more I learn about her and see her art pieces, the more I wish I could convince her that she really should move to Utah and be my very best friend. Until then, reading her blog will have to do..

Linking up to:
Running With Glitter

5 comments:

Daiane Cascini said...

Adorei! o quadrinho.
beijos mil

Jenny Doh said...

It's beautiful!
Jenny :)

Kathleen said...

Jennifer, it's beautiful!

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

Very beautiful! I'd love it if you linked up to the Glitter party! http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/05/running-with-glitter-10-link-party.html

Chinnu said...

This is gorgeous!! Can't wait to try it. Mine will probably be a fabric painted, hand sewed and some mixed media version of it. Hope you don't mind me borrowing the idea!

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...