Monday, July 19, 2010

ACP Design Team Challenge - July #2

I love tussie mussies!
I bought a ton of vintage yarn cones years ago to make some.
They are still in the shipping box.

I drool over all the styles!
From shabby chic Victorian to the holiday styles,
but I had yet to make one.

Well enough is enough.
The 2nd July ACP design team challenge
was to create an item that included either black or white, and 2 other colors.
Since I'm heavily preparing for the Halloween season, I went
with: orange, grey, and black.
*And of course adding an ACP charm!*

And because I forget what I've bought in the past,
rather than break into my pristine shipping box full of yarn cones,
I opened a modern chipboard cone from Darice.

It came together really easy.
I have an area in my inventory room right now piled with
Halloween ribbons, trims,papers, and more.

However, I could not for the life of me find the wood balls I know bought years
ago to fill the gap at the bottom of the cone.
Luckily I had some awesome large grey glass beads
that fit perfectly in the hole with some good ol' glue



Love it, love it, love it!
I'll be adding to my Etsy store later this week.
It's a perfect decoration for the home
or as an extra special gift container for the wickedly sweet goblin in your life.

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...