Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bountiful Baskets

A couple weeks ago I shook things up at home - clean eating..only! A friend suggested it and I haven't looked back. If you Google it, you'll find lots of blogs and books about it. Basically it's taking out everything processed and chemically charged. We eat tons of fruits, veggies, lean meat, whole grains, and some dairy. Since most food at the grocery stores is not clean, I cook almost every meal from scratch. While I'm not fond of the increased dish washing, we have already reaped big health benefits in as little as 3 weeks. I can't encourage this way of eating enough.

However, it does cost money. I try to have most of what comes in our home organic, but we simply can't afford to have it ALL organic. It's a huge bummer that healthy foods cost more than processed junk, but that's the truth.

In an effort to save money and keep on with our healthy ways, I tried a co-op group this calledBountiful Baskets. They have all kinds of fruits, veggies, breads, and more you can order. Now you don't get to choose what type of fruits & veggies - it's whatever is in season.

This week I bought 2 baskets & 1 Mexican option. It was a TON of food, but we go through produce so quickly now. I think I'll probably do 1 basket & 1 Mexi one week and 2 baskets & 1 Mexi the next. I'm also planning on freezing whatever I can mid-week.

Now on to the delicious food pics!
The full bounty!
The fruits
The Mexi pack
The veggies!



No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...