Friday, January 4, 2013

Start the Year off With a Little Charity


One of my favorite parts of the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild is the desire to create for charity. I love having friends that will create just for the love of creating for someone. Not for attention, not for a magazine, not for any recognition. It's an awesome and increasing rare trait - love it.

Leigh created the quilt top. I love the modern and organic feel to it. It's a great design to showcase a favorite fabric.


The back and binding fabric were donated by Elisa. I love how the back colors pull out the light shade of coral and the various blues.


And I quilted it on my mid-arm, Fiona. I'm still so nervous when I quilt for others, but I'm pretty happy with this delicate design.

Do you quilt for charity? What are your favorites? I've also made a few quilts for Quilts For Kids -a fabulous organization!

1 comment:

Carla said...

I used to do preemie quilts for our hospital. Now I do one for each new babe in our church ; )

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...