Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Marriage Equality for Utah - Art Quilt

I've always been very supportive of LGBT rights. I remember in junior high that I would cringe when peers would use the word "gay" as a negative slur. Maybe it's the part of me that wants tolerance in the world or fairness. Not sure. 

Marriage equality is very important to me for a number of reasons, but there is one that you may not know. My husband is Latino - so we are considered a "mix race" family/marriage. I can't say I ever think of us that way, but there it is. It was not all that long ago that our marriage would have been illegal. I can't even fathom that. I can't imagine someone trying to explain to me how our love and commitment was wrong or less entitled than others. It makes me ill and I refuse to accept this for other consenting adults. Love is love, and that my friend in my opinion is what this world needs more of.




XO,
Jenny

1 comment:

Sandy H said...

I love this--thanks so much for creating it!

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...