Friday, January 3, 2014

Spicy Chocolate Brownies Recipe


When Kiddo was just a baby, I had an online bakery and kept busy entering culinary contests. I've always loved to be in the kitchen and in my younger days, I dreamed of becoming a pastry chef. However, the hours are long and the stress is high - not my ideal profession. I do not create recipes nearly as often these days with the three children at my feet, but I know one day I'll return to this passion. This brownie recipe is one that I created a few years back and actually had for sale. One of my clients made this into a regular dessert at their restaurant. It's spicy, full of chocolate and deliciously rich. It is the perfect treat to make for Valentine's Day (which is just a little over a month away!!)


Kick You In The Pants Till You're Nutty Brownies

* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 cups of white sugar
* 4 large eggs
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cups flour
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
* 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp chipotle or chili powder
* 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts OR slivered almonds

Frosting:
*1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
* 2 cups powder/confectioner sugar
* 1/2 tsp. chipotle or chili power
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 2 tbsp. milk

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13" pan.

Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and chipotle powder. Gradually stir into the butter mixture until incorporated. Spoon into greased pan and gently spread mini chocolate chips on top. Bake for 35 minutes.

To make the frosting, beat butter, cocoa, powder sugar, chipotle powder, vanilla and milk in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until ingredients are moistened. Spread over the baked brownies and top with nuts.

Enjoy!

I know you will love these and would love to hear if you make them.



Happy New Year!

XO,
Jenny

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...