Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Hungry Quilter - #2 Lamb Vindaloo Review


I am a *huge* fan of Clean Eating Magazine - I have loved every dish I tried and I love that the cuisine is so varied. If you are looking to start eating clean, I highly recommend getting a subscription. In the past month or so, they have also added a digital format which is awesome to have.

The Lamb Vindaloo recipe is exclusively from their March 2012 edition. While the magazine does have many recipes on their website, they don't have all of them. I hate to review a recipe you would potentially have to go buy, but I can tell you that it is worth it.

I didn't use lamb, I don't eat lamb. I don't have an opinion on others eating it, but for me I can't get past their sweet little faces and demeanor. I substituted with beef stew meat and I left a few spices out that I didn't have in the pantry. It was delicious, but way too spicy for my kiddos (they ended up eating very non clean corn dogs because I wasn't anticipating needing a different meal for them). I think this would be a fabulous dish for a night you are craving Indian food! If you want to be able to serve it to the children, I would remove the Serrano chilies from the vindaloo sauce.

The leftovers are calling my name! Time for some lunch; I'm going to toss what is left on a bed of romaine and call it good.

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...