Friday, January 28, 2011

Sundance 2011

((My brother-in-law & I at a premiere last night!))


My husband and I have lived in Utah for a few years now.
Our first year here we were kid free and had no interest in Sundance.
Don't get me wrong,
I love indie films.
I prefer indie over all others.
I don't like crowds - I get very nervous.
I don't like traffic - I get very cranky.

The next year I was very pregnant.
See above for all the reasons we didn't go
in addition to feeling like the Goodyear blimp.

The year after that I desperately wanted to go,
but I had a toddler in tow.
I hosted my brother and brother-in-law while they attend.
I make it up to Park City and have a fabulous time
snowboarding with my brother.
No films were seen by me.
I hear all the details and turn a very dark shade
of pea green envy.

The year after that I still have a toddler,
but a sweet mother that watches her for the day.
This is my *first* all day away from Isa day
(yes I'm crazy protective mom)
I make it up to Park City and have a fabulous time
snowboarding with my brother-in-law.
No films were seen by me.
Still pea green.

FINALLY!
I saw Sundance with my brother-in-law!!

My first film was Gun Hill Road.
This was written by my brother-in-law's friend.
It was pee your pants awesome.
Rashaad will have a very long and prosperous film career.
And new comer actress, Harmony, is a gem.
Yes, it is a film about a transsexual teen.
But is soo much more.
I watched and cried through the eye's of a mother.
You must do what you can to see this movie.

And I saw a premiere at the Eccles theater.
The premiere of Life in a Day.
Phenomenal.
There are so many people in the movie that you would love to know more about.
Editing that beast must have been insane.
Loved, loved, loved it.
I even asked a question at the Q&A.

Ah..I'm addicted.
I am storing all my coins away for Sundance 2012.
I've even convinced my hubby that our home
(which is only 45 minutes away)
is too far,
so it is necessary we stay in Park City for a week.

Robert Redford.
You rock.
Indie film makers.
You rock.
Long Live Sundance!

2 comments:

Sarah (Sew Very Happy) said...

I am so very jealous of you. I'm glad you had a good time though.

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I'm jealous too!! That sounds like SO much fun!

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...