Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Unflappable Miss Isabelle Flapper


I completely forgot about this week's Project Run & Play.
Considering I'm not really "in" it, I guess it wasn't a huge
surprise that it slipped my mind.
The challenge this week was to create an adult inspired outfit.

Given more time than (1) 2 hour nap,
I would have loved to make Isabelle a Coco Chanel suit
in this amazing pink tweed fabric that calls to me from my stash.
Alas, I had little time.
I've never made an outfit without a pattern.
Ever.
I can design quilts.
I can design all kinds of fabric sewing patterns.
Not clothes.
There is a disconnect in my brain.

Since a majority of women's clothes these days are more risque
than I'd like to put my toddler in, I decided to go vintage.
I created for Isabelle a 1920's flapperish dress.
I can't get her out of it.
In her mind I created an amazing success.
In my mind, this is a great "muslin" and when I have time
I will make her another more refined one.

That is probably the closest I'll come to "Project Runway"
and I did it sweat it out.
Thank goodness Tim Gunn is no where in sight!

7 comments:

La Gitana Que Viaja said...

A lovely dress and an ADORABLE photo of miss thing.

Jenny Rodriguez said...

She is such a ham =D

Anonymous said...

Aw, she makes it even cuter! How funny!

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Thanks :D
She loved the dress. It's always a good sign when I don't have to bribe her to wear something!

PersimonDreams said...

So ADORABLE! LOVE IT!

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Thanks Kim!
I was barely able to get her out of it to put back in the studio..It was a great learning experience :D

Unknown said...

Oh, that is just cute, cute, cute!!

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...