Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm Different, I'm the Same, Just Like You


I don't blog as much as I would like about my girls.
For some people, hearing the stories from a SAHM/WAHM
is like nails on a chalkboard.
I get it.
But if you have kiddos, you know it's hard to have a conversation
where they don't pop up.

Today was a special day.
I'm sure some of you that only know us via blog
have noticed that Isa has a special left hand.
It's called symbrachydactyly.
And if anyone ever has any questions,
we are very open about it and have no issues discussing it.
I don't bring it up a lot anymore because
it really doesn't effect our everyday life and I don't like the idea
of writing about Isabelle as my daughter with the special hand.
She is so much more than that.

She is turning 3 this month
and she is more intelligent and perceptive than I ever was.
She is starting to get that her left hand is special.

And amazingly enough the house cleaners we use before parties
has a daughter with a hand just like Isabelle's.
The mother & I have talked about it before.
I've never shown Isa the other girl's hand when they have visited.
I wasn't sure how the young woman would react.
Today I asked if it would be okay for Isabelle to see that
another beautiful girl had a special hand just like her.

I'm not sure if Isa got what took place today,
but like most things with Isabelle..she gets LOTS more than she lets on.
She took about 2 microseconds to look at the young woman's hand
and then proceeded to announce that she was Cinderella
with beautiful golden hair.

Yes my sweet Isabelle.
You are my beautiful golden hair princess..


5 comments:

Rachel said...

That is sweet. I am a new reader and I appreciate you sharing this.

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Thanks!
It was a special moment for us.
I love hearing about other children that have limb differences, so I thought it would be good to put one of our own stories out in the blogsphere..

Kathleen said...

No nails on chalkboard reaction from me! Sweet Isabelle. Kids are just so smart, aren't they?! Love the post title.

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Thanks Kathleen :o)
She is soo smart..when she's not using her superpowers for mischief, it is a blessing!

Kathy said...

Love reading your stuff. =D And, she is Cinderella!

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...