Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Results for WoW #12 and tutorial - Details for #13

The news in Japan is so heartbreaking.
It feels lately that our news goes from one tragedy to the next.
If you can, please donate to one of the devasted countries,
sadly there are many to choose from right now.

It is too easy for me to be bogged down in the sadness,
so I try to find a creative outlet.
Well this isn't what I planned on making,
I had grand designs for an appliqued quilt for a dear friend's daughter.
However, my girls revolted this week.
I think I can count on 1 hand the amount of time I've had to work/craft.

So.. the quilt will have to wait until my girls are pacified.
For this challenge, I tried Temari.
Wow, it is harder than it looks!
The tutorial warned that a live class would be more effective.
Try your hand at it and let me know how it goes for you.

*****

I love the the clean lines and modern look.
It is amazing how traditional crafts can easily fit into our world.
Thank you so much for sharing - I will definitely try my hand at this too.

Even if you didn't enter a project, I hope you were inspired to
look more into the the traditional crafts of Japan.
During such a time of upheaval, I think it is important
to grasp the roots of the past for future generations.

Craft Challenge #13
Do you smell it? Easter candy is in the air!!
Yum, yum, yummy!
What is your favorite?
Jelly beans, PEEPS, Cadbury eggs?
Well craft it!
This week's theme is Easter candy..
Even if you don't celebrate the holiday, I bet you buy some of the delicious candy..

Want some inspiration?
You have to check out these recipes.. Wow, serious diet killers!

Want to join in on the fun?
Leave your yummy links in the comments on this post
by midnight of next Tuesday.
Need more details?


2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Very pretty. Thanks for the link. I have to try that. Maybe the girls are missing the party action ;)

Kathy said...

Here's my Easter candy craft. It's a bit light on the candy, but I AM on a diet. ;) Okay, that was bad. I know.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g308/utah_kat/Crafts/DSC_3479.jpg

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...