Sunday, March 20, 2011

Julie's Sunny Baptism


Though my thoughts on religion are muddy,
my hubby is Catholic and I've readily agreed to raise
the girls in the church as well.
We celebrated Juliette's baptism earlier this month.
I created the event around her signature flower, the sunflower.
((My husband bought a special flower bouquet when each of
our daughters was born - so they each have a special one))

I embroidered a sunflower on the collar of Julie's baptism gown
and on her diaper cover.
I also embroidered a matching sunflower on a handkerchief my mother
bought me for the baptism - hopefully to be used again at her wedding many years from now.

For each of the women attending the ceremony, I made
fabric yellow sunflower hair pins.
I loved the idea of corsages, but I wanted something that would last as a keepsake.

^ That is my beautiful aunt - also Juliette's Godmother.
The sunflower looks so pretty in her hair.

I had planned on paying someone to make a cake for the event,
but about a week or so before I found this awesome blog.
Serisouly, how could I not make these cupcakes??

And we all know how I love my wreaths!
I bought the sunflower wreath at a local store and
dolled it up with some rhinestoned ribbon and
a painted & decoupaged monogram.

The favors were sweet little bags of jordan almonds
decked out in sunflower stickers and ribbon.

It was such a beautiful occasion.
So many members of our family were able to come out and celebrate.

It is fitting that the meaning of a sunflower is adoration.
How can anyone but adore my sweet Jules?


UndertheTableandDreaming
monogram

Becolorful
.
Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments:

La Gitana Que Viaja said...

Lovely!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you found my blog - this is super-cute! I LOVE sunflowers and this is so sweet!

Unknown said...

So pretty!!! Great job! Your cupcakes turned out so cute!

Rachel said...

Everything is so cute!

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Thanks so much everyone! We had so much fun :o)

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Ah a girl with a theme party always steals my heart - along with that sweet little baby girl.
Thanks for linking up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Pam

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...