Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Iron Craft #10 & Tutorial

we were challenged to make something from a fat quarter of fabric.
Since I sit in front of my sewing machine daily,
it wasn't a huge challenge for me.
So.. I decided to try to make something with fabric that was no-sew!

I found this super cute fabric at Joann's
I knew instantly that I wanted to cut it up and make it into
a soft matching game for Isabelle.

All you need is:
fabric
felt
fabri-tac glue

Cut the fabric into individual squares (or any shape you desire)
Spread a light outline of fabri-tac glue on the fabric and paste on to felt.
(Fabri-tac is amazing! It's like a cold hot glue!!)
Once dry, use pinking shears and cut pieces off felt.
Here they are completed.


A super duper easy way to make a game for your favorite kiddo!
You can do this with fabric that has a clear repeating image.
I found another one at Joann's yesterday with cakes -
how cute would that be for a birthday party?
Sew up a little bag for the pieces and you'll have one happy camper.



9 comments:

Rachel said...

That's a fun idea and so simple.

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Thanks! I really love toy & game ideas that we can make. That way we know where the materials come from :o)

Kathy said...

Even I could do it! =D Great idea.

Jenny Rodriguez said...

You're so funny Kathy ;o)
Of course you could do it - you're super crafty! Remember you're my UT crafty friend :o)

Gingham Skies said...

Bonus points for not having to sew each square!! These are adorable.

Gingham Skies said...

p.s. I featured you on my blog as one of my favourites :) http://ginghamskies.blogspot.com/2011/03/iron-craft-challenge-love.html

Unknown said...

What a neat idea! Love the critters!


I am having a gibeaway on my blog. $38 + free ship from busy little hands to buy a cute kid backpack from her store. She has tote's for mom too.Do check it out.
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/38-store-credit-free-shipping-giveaway.html

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Thanks Gingham!!

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Thanks Julie! Just linked up :)

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...