Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Results for WoW #11 and tutorial - Details for #12

Miss Isabelle turned 3 last week - and she had 5 parties.
Yup - 5.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that she is still talking about her birthday
and wants to know when she'll have another party.

For her family party I made chocolate dipped cheesecake pops.
I don't remember when Isa first had cheesecake, but what I do remember
is that she would NOT share it - any of it.
She absolutely adores it!

The cheesecake pops were pretty easy to make,
though the looked nothing like recipe pics.

I used a classic Cheesecake Factory cheesecake.
It was frozen overnight in our deep freeze.
This part is a little tricky.
I think my cheesecake was too cold, but it quickly got too warm.
Be ready to toss it back and forth from the freezer to making the pops.

Here are the yummy bites waiting to be dipped in delicious chocolate!
Be sure to push the candy sticks in deep and freeze the pops again for at least an hour.

And here they are post dipped and sprinkled with
yellow & pink sugar.
As you can see, they aren't perfectly shaped.
A lot of that issue was because the chocolate coating was a little chunky.
When you make these, be sure the chocolate is completely melted.
That part is a little tricky because the chocolate will be hot since it's melted
and then it starts to melt your cheesecake.
But if you let the chocolate get too cooled, then it forms chunky on the pops.

Either way...they taste fabulous!
And no one knows what they are "supposed" to look like..

Here is the birthday girl blowing out her candles.
I love that she isn't a traditional cake girl!

*****

I love the idea of placing this on the refrigerator.
My kiddos would stare at it all day!
A unique take on birthday bunting and oh so cute!!

Craft Challenge #12
"Our hearts are with Japan"
This week has been so heartbreaking, it has been difficult to watch the news.
For this week, I propose making something in honor of Japan.
Anything from food to quilts, this amazing country
offers endless creative inspiration.


Want to join in on the fun?
Leave your link on this post by midnight (MTN) of next Tuesday.




Weekend Bloggy Reading

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a great idea for a 'birthday cake'! They look yummy.

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Thanks Kathleen - they were pretty tasty. I think if I made them again, I'd try it with dark chocolate to give them a more complex taste.

Loved your bunting!

Tabitha said...

They look amazing! I never thought to do them with cheesecake before. Great idea!

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Oh they are soo good with cheesecake.
I served another round at playgroup yesterday and the mommies were loving them.. So worth the calories :o)

Dawn said...

those cake pops look so yummy! knowing there's cheesecake in them -yummier! great idea!

Life Of A Southern Couple - Brittany said...

These look great! Now I must have cheesecake! :) Thanks for sharing!

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

They look delicious! I've seen cake pops before, but this is the first time I've seen them made with cheesecake. I think they would be really great to serve to adults who only want "just a bite"!

Little City Farm said...

Mmmm,...they look great!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Jennifer! I'm sure you saw your feature today, but I wanted to thank you again for linking up with me this weekend. The cheesecake pops look amazing!

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Thanks so much everyone! They were a hit at both the family party and a playdate birthday this past week.
They are really great for just a bite of sweet.

And thank you so much Amanda for the feature!!

Kathleen said...

I made a Sashiko pillow for WOW #12
http://myworld-kath.blogspot.com/2011/03/sashiko-pillow.html

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...