Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Results for WOW #9 - Details for #10

When Juliette was born, my husband bought her a
beautiful bouquet of fall sunflowers;
each of our girls has a special flower in their honor.

It seemed very appropriate that for Jules' baptism party,
that theme be sunflowers.
They are symbolic of adoration.

My mother & I have been working all week
on all kinds of sunflower accents.
I will be doing a full article post party.

In the meantime, here is a peek at the sunflower fabric corsages
I making for all the women that are attending the ceremony.
I love fresh flowers, but I thought
this would be a sweet way to remember this special occasion.

I love the symbolism in this quilt.
It is a wonderful reminder that even when times are hard,
there is a higher path before us.

Craft Challenge #10
Mardi Gras!
Be it beads, masks, or king cake - so many fun ways to celebrate.

If we can get 5 party goers to join in on the fun,
the prize this week will be

Want to join in on the fun?
Leave your link on this post by midnight (MTN) of next Tuesday.

this blessed nest

2 comments:

nest of posies said...

ooooo i love the idea that each of your girls has their own flower. i think that is such a sweet idea!

the flowers are so sweet.

thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

happy weekend.
kellie

Kathy said...

Here it is. A French King Cake. And, a picture of the Mardi Gras craft Sophie made at school. =D
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g308/utah_kat/Crafts/?action=view&current=DSC_3224.jpg

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...