Friday, April 8, 2011

1 For Free & Another For a Fee - #1

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am moving my focus and
store away from photography props that are
becoming more mainstream.
I want to do things that fuel my creativity and yours.
But I've been doing this for so long that it is hard for me
to turn that part of my brain off. Soo..
I'm introducing a new series to my blog called,
"1 For Free & Another For a Fee"

I will show you a tutorial on how to make an item,
give one of them away on my Facebook page, and sell 1 in my Etsy store.
I will try to always keep them fresh and
not something you can find a gizzilion of online.

Today I'm going to show you how to make an amazing bird's nest.

Here is what you need:
* round planter liner (I used a 14" diameter)
* natural dry moss
* batting
* 1/2 yard brown fleece
*hot glue gun & lots of glue sticks

How long do you need:
1 hour

What to do:

1.) Hot glue dry moss all around outside of liner

2.) Fill liner about 1/2 way with batting.
You don't want it to the top.
We are still going to add a fleece cover
and you will want the baby to sink in it slightly.
3. Cut a very large circle of brown fleece.
You want it to be several sizes larger than the liner.
I didn't measure - just eyeball it.

Then you are going to add a line of hot glue
about 1/4" below the liner top and adhere the fleece.

Since you will have so much material,
pinch up some fabric in between your glue lines
like I did in the picture below.

4.) When you are done,
you can easily tuck in those extra pinches of fleece inside.

And that's it!
Check it out..
My baby is too big for it (she's 6 months today!!)
This is perfect for the brand new baby photo shoots.
It is super duper comfy and warm for baby,
while providing you some amazing texture for the pictures.
! It does shed - so bring your lint rollers !

Be sure to "like" it to find out the details.

I'm not making more,
so if you love it.. go grab it!

If you have questions, please let me know!



No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...