Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday - Personal Projects

Wow - I only have 1 personal project to show you today. I guess I really didn't have too much time this week for *me*. I am finishing up a dress for myself from a sew-a-long. I had hoped to finish it for Julie's baptism, but time ran away with me. Now my hope is to finish if for Mother's Day; my mother & I like to have professional photos taken each year. I will be making the girls dresses too. Hopefully I can post the pictures of those dresses next week.

In the meantime, here is my latest peek-a-boo lamp design. Truly inspired by Isabelle. If you raised/raising a toddler, then you completely understand. It truly has just been one of those weeks.

I can't share the file for the frame (it's from Silhouette), but if anyone would like the text file - just let me know! It was a bit fiddly since the words are so small. I actually had to get out my super duper lamp/magnifier to repair some of the letters. But I wanted this sooo bad, it was worth the time.
We are shopping right now for a camping trailer. We are sooo excited. I imagine we'll be gone most of the summer weekends if we have it our way. And well, a new "home" means new quilting projects! I'll have to make some blankets, pillows, curtains,and I'm sure some new embroidered art for the walls..

Do you know about the Quilting Gallery? I recently joined and it is the best site! I love swaps and recently signed up for the fabric basket one. Right before the Easter holiday I received mine from Sharon. All I can is wow!! I love the basket. She absolutely got what fabric makes my heart go pitter patter!! Check out this basket..

And if it weren't enough that I received the cutest bag on the block, it was chock full of fat quarter yumminess. Some serious fabric people..

Look here..

and here...
and here..
What an amazing swap giver!! I can not say enough about how much I love this and what it meant to me to receive. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

And here are some parting pics of Thing 1 & Thing 2..





Be sure to come back tomorrow for my sewing pattern review of the cutest baby romper ever! Lots of pics of Julie's yummy chunky thighs and adorable smile..

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...