Monday, April 18, 2011

WIPS for This Week

How was your weekend? Were you a project warrior or did you relax? We finally enjoyed a bit of sunshine here in Utah. I was sure to spend some time each day in the back with the kiddos. Isabelle would live in a tepee if we allowed it! Sunny weather meant I could get back to doing one of my new favorite things..spray painting!!

When we moved into our home over 4 years ago now, the previous owners left a ton of stuff; lots of birdhouses and odd colored shelves. The birdhouses got trashed the minute I walked in (sorry those belong outside, not all over my kitchen) and I put the shelves in storage in case we ever need them. Well lately I've been suffering some major mantle envy. A couple of my most favorite blogs have these beautiful mantle displays! And although we have a dual face fireplace, there is no mantle on either side. I decided I would prime & spray paint this canary yellow shelf and use it as a mantle until we can upgrade to real one.
It's almost done! Just two coats of primer and several coats of brown. I can't wait to have the hubby install it and I can start decorating it!

I also put the finishing touches on my Pottery Barn Knock Off Easter Garden Stake. I'll be posting Part Two of the tutorial tomorrow.

And my Bestie's birthday is just around the corner and I thought I'd try my hand at glass etching. I took that outside too. I was guessing the etching creme was pretty toxic and I didn't want to wash it down the pipes in the kitchen or bathroom. I had pretty awesome results! I'll do a full tutorial with my tips after she receives it. She sometimes reads my blog and I don't want to run the surprise!
I've been working on a quilt for my Etsy shop. It's a super sweet child size quilt, inspired by a sassy Minnie Mouse. Lots of polka dots and lots of pink! It just needs a few more strips and the top will be done. I'm not sure how I will quilt it. I'd love to do something uber girly.. Maybe a continuous heart pattern..

I tackled the sewing pattern to be reviewed this week. This pattern is definitely for the intermediate seamstress. However if you quilt, you will love this pattern! The cover and lining are free motion quilted and the whole enchilada is bound (what I was doing in the picture). I've only had to fix one boo-boo so far. It makes a very tailored coupon organizer!
And I gave our local 2nd hand store another shot. I didn't find much, but it was a Saturday and quite busy. I did find several shirts that will be cut apart to make a single dress for Isabelle. I won a gift certificate for the Soren Lorensen Design Etsy store awhile back, and Isabelle has fallen head over heals for the dress I got her. I'm going to try to recreate it so I can get her to wear something else for a day or two!

Both girls are under the weather so we missed our mom's group Easter hunt. I was pretty bummed, but luckily I hadn't mentioned it all to Isabelle so there were no big tears. I didn't get everything done on my list, but I did have a super fun girl's night out and now I have very glittery pretty feet!

Hope you had a fabulous weekend and have lots of fun projects in store this week!



No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...