Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Results for WoW #14 - Details for #15..


Is a butterfly a bug?
Well caterpillars are..
I made Isabelle this dress inspired by Eric Carle's
"The Very Hungry Caterpillar".
Isn't it a genius idea to make clothes inspired by books??
Well, I'm not the genius behind it!
No Big Dill asked some fabulous bloggers to do just this thing
- create clothes inspired by children's books.
No.. I wasn't one of the bloggers chosen -
I'm a still a little fish in a HUGE pond.
BUT can I ever ignore a call for creativity
even when I'm not invited - heck no!

So I joined the party and this is also my entry for this week's WoW.
As I was searching for fabric, it occurred to me
that batiks have a very similar appearance.
When I saw the butterfly batik - I was in heaven!

Isabelle of course is crazy about this dress.
My lil' Punky Brewster loves BRIGHT colors, green, purple,
and mariposas.

What did you make for WoW?
Kathleen was inspired by butterflies too! You know great minds..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50204564@N03/5593628977/
My kiddos would go nuts over a dimensional butterfly on their baskets.
The buttons add a really fun textile touch to it too!
I will have to do that for sure next year.
Thank you so much Kathleen!

WoW challenge #15!
Are the hills alive with the sound of music? You tell me!
This week you are challenged with the theme of music.
Could be music notes, a band, an instrument, even your own live performance.

Want to join in on the WoW fun?
Add your link below with my *new* linky tool
Having trouble? Let me know!
You have till midnight of next Tuesday





Weekend Bloggy Reading

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous dress!
Oops. I forgot to use the linky tool for the last challenge. I'll remember this time.

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous! LOVE the colorful fabrics!

Thanks so much for sharing this at For the Kids Friday Link Party! I will be posting the next party tomorrow night. I hope to have you stop by and join us for another week sharing great ideas for our kids!!

Thanks for stopping by!
:)rachel at http://SunScholars.blogspot.com

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...