Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pillow Party


I know, I know..
This pillow is not new to you, my readers.
However I am entering it into the Pillow Party at Stitched in Color.

"The Hunt" was inspired by my two girls.
When you're young the holidays are magical.
Isabelle in particular is very excited about Easter eggs.
When are we going to dye them..
When is the bunny going to come..
Everything is bright and fanciful in their eyes.

For this pillow, I did a fun technique of collage.
I placed mini pieces of fabric on fusible web and ironed it on.
I then cut the desired shapes and ironed it on to the
muslin pillow pillow base.
They were then rough appliqued
by using my new favorite technique - free motion embroidery.
Even the words were done by machine using the free motion.

I adore this pillow!
I had planned on selling it my store,
and then decided against it..but now I'm thinking I may..
My decor this year is going more kitsch and this is too elegant.
So you may see it listed on Etsy later this week.

Have a new favorite pillow you've created?
Enter it into the challenge!



Blogger's Pillow Party

3 comments:

borsoo said...

Such a nice pillow!!! I like the idea and the colours very much :)

Go-Go Kim said...

That is too cute for Easter and Spring!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

that's so cute! I've never seen anything like it. Really like how you did the spiral stitching. Thanks for joining in on the Pillow Party!

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...