Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Results for WoW #15 - Details for #16..



I apologize for the photos, they were done in the wee hours this morning. I will try to take some fabulous pics this afternoon while the kiddos nap! So for this week's WoW I was inspired by The Beatles' song "In My Life". The lyrics have always resonated with me, the idea that yes I had a life before you but I love my time with you most of all.

For this project, I free motioned a portion of the lyrics. I did it in a light blue thread that matches the fabric. I wanted the words to be there, but not overwhelm the canvas. I know it's hard to read with these photos, here are the lyrics I stitched:

"Though I know I'll never lose affection for people and things that went before. I know I'll often stop and think about them. In my life, I love you more"

I pulled it together with a free motioned applique of a home. Because that's is what love is all about, making a home with those you love.

Music can be so inspirational. If you haven't made something inspired by lyrics, I recommend you try to one. Once you start thinking about songs that are significant for you, I bet you'll have loads of ideas!

WoW Challenge #16 - Pattern Mix Up
This one is inspired by Isabelle. She loves to mix floral with strips with polka dots! I sometimes cringe when she decides on what her outfit for the day will be, but she works it and it always looks adorable. So reach outside your comfort zone and play with different patterns.

This doesn't have to be just fabric, you can do it with paper, digital images, etc..

Want to join in on the WoW fun?
Add your link below by midnight of next Tuesday.




2 comments:

Jan said...

I love your picture. Free motion scares me. You did such a good job. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Kathy said...

So, there's my entry. I'm thinking about adding a couple ribbons to make "petals" but can't decide if it would be too busy. =D

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...